Discover Nontron knife making 6 days out of 7
Manufacturing process and know-how, social networking, tourism in Nontron city and in Perigord… Discover the Coutellerie Nontronnaise and the Nontron knife in a different way.
Visit of our workshop located in the core of Nontron and discover Nontron knife: from the blade to the knife
Every day, except on Sunday, the Coutellerie Nontronnaise opens the doors of its iconic workshop to allow isitors to discover the passion and the know-how of the men and women who manufacture Nontron knife.
Opening hours of the workshop
Visits are free during the opening hours:
- From Monday to Friday all year long from 9.00 to 12.00 am and 1.30 to 5.30 pm (the shop closes at 6.30 pm).
- On July and August, the workshop is opened but without manufacturing.
From the 1st floor of our workshop, you will benefit from an incredible view on the Biandat river valley that hosted numerous cutleries during several centuries. Moreover, visitors will be able to see the different manufacturing steps thanks to a platform overlooking the workshop. Numerous informative signs explain the manufacturing process and our staff stays at your entire disposal to answer your questions.
Two shops in Nontron to buy our emblematic knives
Last workshop to manufacture Nontron knife in the capital of the Green Perigord, the Nontronnaise Cutlery has two shops in the city of Nontron, ideal to keep a souvenir of your visit:
– The store of the workshop, located place Paul Bert;
– A store in the center, 33 rue Carnot.
– If you cannot visit our shops or if you wish to buy a Nontron folding knife online at anytime, do not hesitate to visit our E-shop.
A lot of patience and skills are necessary to manufacture the Nontron knife